Sri Venkatramana Desikar, popularly known as Sri Maruthanallur Sadguru Swamigal, was born in the year 1777 at Thiruvisanallur. He lived in Maruthanallur Village, near Kumbakonam of Tamil Nadu. Sri. Sadguru swamigal is to be remembered ever as he was the one who took pains to formulate the ‘Sampradhaya Bhajan’ and popularise the same in the interest of human society.
He traveled the length and breadth of our country in order to collect the compilations of many saints and devotees and made existing sampradaaya bhajan.
yasyāṅgaṃ kanakābhakāmasadṛśaṃ phālaṃ tripuṇḍrāṅkitam vāṇī śrīraghunāthānāmasudhayāpi ādrrā asakṛddhārayā |
cetasi ambujalocanoyadupatiḥ khelatyalaṃ rādhayā taṃ vai veṅkaṭarāma deśikavaraṃ sarvātmanāhaṃ bhaje ||
- Aaj sakhi mere satguru gar aaye
- Athade Prabrahmam – Dhanyasi
- Nimmadhi Adainden Ulagam Adainden
- Bhaje Sadgurum Anisham
- Guru Maatha Guru Pitha
- Satgurunem mAza – Priyadarshini Ragam
- Gurumaharaj GuruGuru Jayajaya Parabrahma Sadguru
Om Gurunatha Sri Gurunatha Jayagurunatha
Jayagurunatha Sadgurunatha, Sadgurunatha Mamma Gurunatha
- Guru maharaj Guru Jai Jai, Parabrahmasath Guru Jai Jai, Guru maharaj Guru Jai Jai Vedhavyasasath Guru Jai Jai, Guru maharaj Guru Jai Jai Aadhi Shankarasath Guru Jai Jai, Guru maharaj Guru Jai Jai Raghavendrasath Guru Jai Jai, Guru maharaj Guru Jai Jai Chimayanandasath Guru Jai Jai, Guru maharaj Guru Jai Jai Parabrahmasath Guru Jai Jai
Revered as the father of establishing the Dakshina Bhajan Sampradaya Paddhati by building on the legacy of great acharyas Shri Bodhendra Swamigal and Shridhara Ayyaval, the Maruthanallur Shri Sadguru Swamigal has exemplified a pure and pious life of a Bhagavatar. He was born as Venkataraman in the year 1777 in a Telugu Brahmin family in Thiruvisainallur. His father had great interests and profound knowledge in sacred scriptures and Vedas. Venkataraman learned Veda Sastras under the guidance of his father; he also had the opportunity to learn the sacred scriptures and life of holy men and saints, especially the great epic Shrimad Ramayana. He cultivated the habit of chanting Rama Nama and immersed in this nectar he identified himself as Lord Rama.
• Bhaje Sadgurum Anisham Bhaje
• Chintaya Re Sadgurum Santatam
• Athade Parabramhambani Madilo
• Sadgurumeva Sadaaham
• Varaguru Upadesha Neravaagitu
• Guru moulimane Bhaje Bhavantam (including many Gurus)