Carnatic-Circle’s Solihull/Birmingham “Sampradaya” Bhajanai group and “Mantrasara” came together to put together an impressive performance at the Tividale Balaji temple community hall on Saturday, the 21st Oct 2017 (5pm- 7.15pm).
We were lucky to have the presence of Tabla Pandit Sandip Banerjee (From Kolkata) and Chief guest – Dr Kanakaratnam (Chairman of Trustees at the Balaji Temple) who graced the occassion with their presence and support.
The Balaji temple has been ever supportive of our Devotional singing & Bhakthi initiatives and we are very grateful to them and their volunteers who made this event successful in every sphere. Such a unique choir/group initiative does not exist in the entire country and it is with utmost pride that we present our Bhajanais and ensure that we uplift everyone that participate in our community gatherings.
This performance was well received by the audience who came from across the midlands to see us perform. One of the feedbacks that we received from few of the experienced elders was that, we have implemented a traditional system in the same lines as it is done in South India. Below were the songs that were sung as a part of our repertoire at the temple
- Narayaneeyam (Dasangam 68/69)
- Entire Thodaya Mangalam
- VizhiKidakkuma (ragam :- gowri manohari) + Apara Mahima Om
- Bhajare Maanasa bodhendrayogeendram + Bodhendra Sadguru Namavali
- Yen Manathuditavane + Gnanananda Gnanananda
- Bhaje Sadgurum Anisham Bhaje Sadgurum
- khelati mama hrdaye – Ragam Athana + Seeta Pate Daasarathe
- Narahari Deva Janardhana – Ragam: Yaman kalyaani + Alola Thulasi – (Sankarabharanam)
- Nara Janma bandhaaga – Purandara Dasa + Radha Madhava Brindava Chanda
- Bhagyadha Lakshmi Bharamma + Ksheerabdi Shayana + vanamali-vasudeva-manamohana-radharamana
- Deva Banda Namma, Swami Bandano – Yaman Kalyani + Priya Radhe Priya Shyame
- 1st Ashtapadhi + Aho Madhura Aho Madhura
- Prabho Ganapathe + Jai Ganesha Jai Ganesha +neela-megha-shayamala
- Rangamma Maaji Rangamma
- Panduranga Yere, Panduranga Yere + Panduranga Panduranga Panduranga
- Vittala Yere Pandhari Raya(Shanka Chakra dhara)
- Hari Mhanaa Tumhi Govinda Mhanaa– Ragam Brindavana Saranga
- Pavamana Mangalam